Topic: Involving Disabled people in decision-making processes
At this meeting we discussed legal duties on local authorities and Clinical Commissioning Groups to engage with and involve Disabled people and our organisations in decision-making processes.
We also learnt about the real example of co-production that is happening in Hammersmith and Fulham and how it could be replicated in other boroughs. We discussed how we could use existing legal duties to influence decision-making processes, improve their accessibility and how to challenge decisions and policies when those duties are not fulfilled.
Materials from the meeting
- Video recording of the meeting:
— Inclusion London (@InclusionLondon) January 24, 2018
- Advice note from Zoe Leventhal – Legal Framework for the involvement of Disabled people
- Zoe Leventhal’s presentation : Involvement Duties
- Kevin Caulfield’s presentation – Working together in Hammersmith and Fulham
- Report of the Disabled Peoples Commission in Hammersmith and Fulham